As flooding continues to affect Alberta, the Google Crisis Response team has launched a new crisis map with emergency-related information.
To view the crisis map, visit: http://google.org/crisismap/2013-alberta-floods
This embeddable map shows evacuation zones, emergency shelter locations, public alerts, traffic conditions, and more. With help from the City of Calgary, Province of Alberta, CBC News and several local communities, the map uses open data to provide important information for people in affected areas.
We created the Google Crisis Map to help people find and use critical emergency information when they need it most.
See below for more information on embedding this map for your use, and keep an eye on the crisis map as we continue to add new information.
Our thoughts remain with everyone in Alberta affected by these floods, and with the many officials and first responders throughout the province whose resilience has united us all and will guide the recovery effort.
- Select the layers you want ON, and zoom to the area you want to appear on your site.
- Hit the Share button at the top of the map.
- Copy the code in the field below “Paste HTML to embed in website”.
- Drop it into the HTML for your website.
- You can set the height and width of the map directly in the iframe code.